HEART SHAPED HOME-MADE SAMOAS!!!
FINALLY, IT’S HERE! I wouldn’t say that it’s the exact recipe, because it’s not. Lol but it’s pretty darn close to it! :) I baked myself some & they’re delicious. I’m thinking of making a Cupcake version of this.
Okay so after looking up many many recipes & looking at the ingredents on the back of the Samoa box, a lot of the recipes are a basic SHORT BREAD RECIPE.
& I’d also like to add that when I took these pictures, before I even thought about baking the cookies I actually wanted to bake Samoa cupcakes first so excuse the other ingredients in the photos that I did NOT list in the recipe, thank you. :)
(I took these pictures with a Canon camera & my phone so sorry for the pictures that have bad lighting & horrible pixels in them)
SHORT BREAD RECIPE
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk (you may use heavy whipping cream as well-I used almond milk in my recipe because that’s the only milk I drink and had in my fridge)
- Cream together your butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add this to the butter mixture.
- Finally, at low speed, add in the milk and vanilla. (I forgot to take a picture)
- Separate the dough into halves and wrap in plastic or store in tupperware. Refrigerate until the dough is as firm as a stick of butter. I refrigerated mines for about an hour.
- 3 cups shredded coconut, toasted
- 15-oz soft caramels
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 8 oz. dark or semisweet chocolate
- While the dough is refrigerating, preheat your oven to 350F (180C).
- Toast the shredded coconut on a baking sheet for about 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently. Let cool while shaping and baking cookies
- Line two baking sheets with parchment liners. *REMEMBER YOU CAN RE-USE PARCHMENT SHEETS BETWEEN BATCHES!*
- Before rolling out your dough, flour your surface of which you will be rolling your dough on. & Flour your rolling pin as well!
- Roll your dough to about 1/8”-1/4” thickness, use a cookie cutter to cut out any shapes you desire. Re-roll the scraps & repeat.
- Bake your cookies to about 10-12 mins. Be sure to rotate 180 degrees halfway through baking. This will ensure that your cookies have an even brown tint.
- Cool your cookies on the sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. If you don’t have one, that’s okay! You can use a plate. :)
- Place your caramels, milk and salt in a microwaveable bowl and nuke for 1 minute at a time, stopping to stir, until nice and melty (3-4minutes) ***If you’re using homemade caramels, you can reduce the amount of milk and microwave time.If you are using hard caramels, increase the milk.
- Stir the toasted coconut into the caramel mixture.
- Using a knife, an offset spatula, or whatever device floats your boat, spread the caramel mixture on top of your cookies. Be generous.
- The only thing missing is the chocolate!
- Lay out a sheet of waxed paper for your cookies to rest on once they’re all chocolate-botttomed.
- Chop up your chocolate and microwave it in 30 second bursts, stirring between each, until nice and melty.
- Dip the bottoms of your cookies into the chocolate and place on waxed paper.
- Use the remaining melted chocolate to drizzle over top of the cookies once they’re all dipped. A spoon works for this, but a piping bag or the corner snipped off a plastic baggie makes ‘em prettier.
- That’s it! Store in an air tight container for best results.
Oven Roast Beef
So I got hungry & slow roasted the beef for 4-5 hours in the oven. Cooked it to medium well. I wanted a sandwich soo bad, didn’t have bread so I made biscuits. I wanted to get creative so I turned one biscuit into a waffle & made a waffle sandwich. I put spinach, tomatoes, avocados, oven roasted beef & the onions cooked along with it, with some mild cheddar cheese. As for sauce, I just used all the beef drippings because that’s where all the flavor came from. YAY ME & MY CREATIVITY!!!! Haha :)
The drinks are nutritional drinks. Neuro. You might have seen them on Kim & Kourtney take New York. Those drinks are pretty good, although I think the Neuro SUN is my favorite. :D
Apple cupcakes with carmel filling and buttercream icing! & i decorated them all weird. Haha :D